The District is pleased to announce the Recycling/Litter Trailer is now available to Lawrence and Scioto County residents and District volunteer groups that wish to have a cleanup event in their city, village or township. It is FREE of charge to any group consisting of twenty volunteers or more. The trailer is fully equipped with tools and all the necessary equipment for a successful cleanup event. We can deliver and pick up the trailer from the requested site. We ask that you contact the District office for trailer availability or to reserve for a specific date.
– Must be used in either Lawrence or Scioto County
– Must have a designated coordinator
– Designated coordinator will assume responsibility for the following:
- Completion and submittal of District Recycling/Litter Trailer Application and participation list two weeks prior to event.
- Ensuring all participants using the equipment from the trailer are at least 18 years of age and have completed all Waivers.
- Confirmation of equipment inventory prior to receipt of trailer and upon return of trailer with District personnel.
- Distributing supplies to participants and ensuring all equipment is operated safely. Retrieving supplies once participants have completed the project.
- Properly securing the trailer and all its contents.
- Making sure trailer is clean and free of all debris upon return.
- Ensuring proper parking of the trailer in the project area.
- Replacement of any missing items or items not returned in the condition they were received (normal wear and tear excluded).
- Make sure all gasoline cans are empty before placing them back in the trailer.
- Completion of a Cleanup Summary Form.
If your group or organization is interested in helping to beautify and clean the District, the District Recycling/Litter Trailer is available for your use. Call the office at (740) 532-1231 or (888) 565-7888 to reserve the trailer for a specific date. We are also available to answer any questions you may have.